Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
General Purpose: The expert is working in Nokia LTM’s global Export Control team and being responsible for foreign trade related tasks for Nokia.
Main Responsibility Area: Provide standards and controls in Export Control and develop related governance. Responsible for Export Control data and information handling, transaction checking, contribution to KPI reporting and SPOL page maintenance/development and support in process documentation and overall transparency in Export Control.
Position Description: The Export Control Specialist works independently on Export Control related tasks outlined below and reports to Nokia’s Head of Export Control. The employee handle trade relevant data needed for, de minimis calculation, authority reporting and internal KPI metrics incl. analyzes and provides her/his expertise knowledge including solution approaches. (S)he is also responsible for working in Nokia’s Export Control tools (e.g. SAP GTS and other tools) to check, implement, analyze and release delivery blocks, based on sanctions or other restrictions information gained through various information sources.
- Analyses and understands regulatory requirements and procedures in area of Export Control and related things (human rights) and performs documentation on it
- Contributes in measures to implement regulatory requirements and procedures in the area of Export Control
- Responsible for official authority reporting
- Identifies change needs and initiates necessary actions
- Prepares expert opinions to be issued internally and/or to authorities
Internal support in own area of expertise
Networking and communications
- Creates guidelines, process descriptions, and related training material
- Responsible for internal support in data handling – especially with SPOL, PowerBi and other visualization incl. communication tools
- Data and information collection from various sources and consolidation according business and legal needs incl. archiving
- Controls that guidelines are implemented and followed by regular report/monitoring and KPI metrics incl. participating in auditing
- Review, validate and approve de minimis calculations
- Support team in questions/challenges with Office 365 applications and other common tools e.g. i-Buy, Concur, ……
- Participates and supports supply chain related and IT projects; acts as an adviser
- Initiate and drives tool- and process development/enhancements according business and/or legal needs incl. process documentations
- Analyse data, identifies trends and possible root causes.
- Identifies key stakeholders and source of information
- Prepare visualization and communication of information and data
Special and additional tasks
- Collecting information about end-use / end-user and business partners information, performing screening and data analyse, documentation and archiving results
- Data and information collection: data extracts from various tools but also manually from stakeholders and service providers on transactions and/or master data and its combination for authority reporting, de minimis calculation, internal KPI metrics, risk and business impact analyse
- Support in group-mailbox handling
- Consolidation, visualization and archiving of data according business needs
- Support in mass updates and re-branding of documents
- Ad hoc support for Head of Export control – especially in status tracking and follow-up’s, change management
- Minimum 2 year’s experience Import / export procedures
- Understanding in Customs & Export Control regulations
- Understanding in e2e supply chain, logistic and markets
- Operating models (e.g. legal entity and organization structure); end to end processes understanding
- Decision making capability
- Working across boundaries and stress resistance
- Good communication and explanation skills
- Problem solving oriented
- English (fluent)
- Experience and expert know how in Nokia’s ERP and PDM systems, incl. SWST, ALED
- Understanding in MK-Denial and SAP GTS
- Strong O365 skills, especially EXCEL, SPOL and Power-Bi
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.