Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About Nokia IT
At Nokia IT, we are in a fast-paced digitalization journey. We are transforming into a modern, digital organization that globally delivers seamless technology experiences to 100,000 employees, as well as external users across the world, based on trusted IT infrastructure, applications and security capabilities.
To build a world-class IT organization, we are looking to find, grow and keep the best talent in various areas. Are you a hands-on technologist that wants to use knowledge to create an impact? Are you passionate about the digital era? Do you value a culture of transparency and accountability, and work with customers in your heart? Then join the Nokia IT diverse global team!
About Cyber Security
In this role, you will be part of our Cyber Security team. We protect Nokia critical data and operations against security threats and guarantee the overall confidentiality, integrity and available of Nokia data. Our top focus today is to enable Nokia business to early adopt new digital technologies in a secure way.Cyber Security SOC Analyst
The Cyber Security Defense Center (CDC) is looking for a new profile taking up responsibilities in the Operations Team. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst will be tasked with the execution of incident response, investigative analysis of security incidents, reporting, continuous improvement, and post incident activities. The SOC Analyst will collaborate with the CDC Engineering Team, with the internal Nokia teams, external Security Suppliers and various technology vendors.
Part of its role, the CDC SOC Analyst will be performing of incident response, investigative analysis, continuous improvement, and post incident activities:
- L1 and L2 SOC activities like monitor, triage, investigate, and respond to suspicious activity across all company assets.
- Perform log analysis, register and document support alerts and response activities
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to analyze various data sets
- Help stakeholders to determine the best course of action to remedy the problem
- Assist the CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) with root cause analysis of simple and more complex security issues
- Collaborate with the SOC Engineer in identifying use cases that leverage existing tools to enable automation and improve detection.
- Actively participate in our goal to continuously improve the way we work; identify improvement areas on our technology, process and techniques to enhance our detection and response capabilities
- Interface with other cyber security teams and assist with general IT security as required
- Contribute to ensure the ongoing objectives of the CDC are accomplished and measurable.
- Work with Nokia IT teams
- Work with the Nokia’s Business Groups for security incidents in their environments
- Work closely with the Nokia Cyber Security team for improvements and assessment of new technologies and practices
- Contribute to Threat Hunting Activates by supporting the definition of hunting test cases
- Education – Bachelor or Master degree (preferred) in computer science with relevant industry certifications (SSCP, SANS, OSCP etc.)
- Experience - Minimum of 2 years working in security practices (SOC experience preferred)
- Familiar with DevOps
- Scripting skills (knowledge of Python, PowerShell and KQL);
- Knowledge of the following technologies is required: Microsoft Azure, Azure Sentinel
- English proficiency
- Experience within an enterprise level organization
- Understanding of the incident response lifecycle at both technical and procedural level;
- Experience performing incident response in the following technologies are preferred: Azure Sentinel, Azure log analytics, Symantec EDR, FortiGate, Carbon Black
- Ability to solve problems using scripting and automation;
- Understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system, and application layers, including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and data centers;
- Ability to triage incoming escalations and requests appropriately using clear communication;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to share knowledge with peers and to communicate effectively with different stakeholders;
- Knowledge of office productivity tools (O365), ERP and CRM Systems (e.g. SAP, Ariba, Salesforce) Public Could solutions (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Practical knowledge on vulnerability testing & the capability to define mitigations
- Practical knowledge of application and database security / ethical hacking desirable
- Capable of performing stand-alone penetration tests desirable
- Interest in developing knowledge in other security related areas and domains
- Interest in obtaining Cyber Security certifications: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, etc.
- Customer focus
- Highly self-motivated and directed – Autonomy
- Interested in technology / security watch
- Team player - Excellent relationship with stakeholders
- Capable to work with IT outsourcing partners
- Ability to convey technical security concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Be convincing – even when working with remote teams. Communication skills.
- Pro-Active – don’t wait for taking action when identifying a security need
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.