Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About Nokia IT
At Nokia IT, we are in a fast-paced digitalization journey. We are transforming into a modern, digital organization that globally delivers seamless technology experiences to 100,000 employees, as well as external users across the world, based on trusted IT infrastructure, applications and security capabilities.
To build a world-class IT organization, we are looking to find, grow and keep the best talent in various areas. Are you a hands-on technologist that wants to use knowledge to create an impact? Are you passionate about the digital era? Do you value a culture of transparency and accountability, and work with customers in your heart? Then join the Nokia IT diverse global team!
About Cyber Security
In this role, you will be part of our Cyber Security team. We protect Nokia critical data and operations against security threats and guarantee the overall confidentiality, integrity and available of Nokia data. Our top focus today is to enable Nokia business to early adopt new digital technologies in a secure way.Cyber Security Defense Center Engineer
Nokia is looking for SOC Engineers to join the Cyber Security Defense Center Engineering team. Within the CDC, the Engineering team is responsible for providing and supporting the appropriate toolset required for the CDC operations. Among others, the CDC Engineering team creates and manages alerting rules, manages automations, integrations with security devices, creates and maintains any tool for the enablement of the Mission of the CDC. Part of its role, the CDC SOC Engineer is expected to:
- Develop and maintain the configurations to have an effective Cyber Defense posture;
- Accountable for flawless execution of the CDC incident response;
- Interact with internal delivery teams to create integration capabilities;
- Collaborate with the CDC Analyst in implementing use cases that leverage existing tools to enable automation and improve detection;
- Create reusable and efficient Playbooks;
- Perform actively continuous improvement in the automation and orchestrations;
- Master the security equipment’s and optimize configurations;
- Train and mentor security operational teams;
- Identify use cases that leverage existing tools to enable automation;
- Work to identify security integration strategies;
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and playbooks;
- Partner with security ops teams, Threat intelligence IR experts, CERT;
- Actively participate in the Security Community as a SME, presenting in forums, both online and at conferences.
- Become current on IT security trends and news;
- Adhere to company-wide best practices for IT security;
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management;
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Education - Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Experience - Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience required in development and/or security practices.
- Familiar with DevOps
- Good programing/scripting skills (knowledge of Python, PowerShell and KQL);
- Knowledge of the following technologies is required Microsoft Azure, Azure Sentinel, Azure Log Analytics, ELK
- English proficiency
- Interest in obtaining Cyber Security certifications: CEH, CISSP, CCSP, etc.
- Knowledge of office productivity tools (O365), ERP and CRM Systems (e.g. SAP, Ariba, Salesforce) Public Could solutions (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and data centers.
- Practical knowledge of network security, networking concepts and architectural implementations
- Practical knowledge on vulnerability testing & the capability to define mitigations
- Practical knowledge of application and database security / ethical hacking desirable
- Capable of performing stand-alone penetration tests desirable
- Interest in developing knowledge in other security related areas and domains
- Attention to details, excellent problem solving, and follow-up skills required
- Team player - Excellent relationship with stakeholders
- Capable to work with IT outsourcing partners
- Ability to convey technical security concepts to non-technical audience
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.