At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we're revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Web Strategy Team is based by multidisciplinary expertises to build the next generation of user experiences. We combine the creativity of our UI UX designers, and the programmatic magic from developers with the strategic SEO minds, in order to deliver personalized experiences with custom content to different user audiences. Through our Agile Coach, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming, and we won't let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position, and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
As a Web Team back-end developer you'll be working very closely to our front-end team and you'll be responsible for building powerful APIs completely bulletproof to error handling and capable of providing data collected from our CMS database to our client-side Apps.
- Enhance Talkdesk usability and solve technical issues
- Collaborate with our front-end developers to ensure the data is well provided
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Create visual/interactive content
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Software development background with experience in OO programming and TDD.
- Good understanding of server-side development good practices.
- Experience building REST endpoints to deliver data.
- Solid knowledge of PHP language and PHP based CMS.
- Solid experience working with relational databases.
- Experience using version control systems (Git)
- Experience working in CI/CD environments.
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Docker and Jenkins
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.