EXADS is a young international software startup specialising in adtech. In business since 2013, EXADS is a self-sufficient, well funded and privately owned company with offices in Dublin and Porto. We are part of EXOGROUP, a set of companies made up of +150 talents and offering a wide range of services within the digital business landscape with headquarters in Barcelona and offices in Dublin, Porto, Valencia, Madrid, Tarragona and Buenos Aires.
As a company, we actively develop and maintain our own proprietary ad-serving technology platform and custom-built infrastructure enabling us to innovate and deploy new features and functionality quickly in a fast-moving and demanding industry.
We are revolutionising the online ad-serving industry for advertisers, publishers and networks alike and are seeking to recruit highly skilled and talented System and Network Engineers to join our growing team in Porto to help install, maintain and support the server and network infrastructure powering the company’s ad-serving platform.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the application developers to provide maximum performance and availability across all servers, services and networks ranging across many exciting projects..
- Installation, support and maintenance of the server hardware and software infrastructure
- Management of database systems (MariaDB & ClickHouse) and web servers (Nginx)
- Monitoring server and network usage
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of resources
- Planning and implementing future deployments
- Some 24/7 availability for critical infrastructure situations
- Contribute to team process improvement adhering to industry best practice and principles
- Participate in team knowledge sharing activities
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Linux experience (preferably RedHat) with an appreciation for OSS
- Advanced knowledge of web servers with PHP
- Experience with MariaDB administration
- Configuration management notions (i.e. Puppet)
- Experience with caching (Redis, Memcached, CouchBase)
- Exposure to Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and related management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud & AWS)
- Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Git / GitHub
- DNS configuration
- Remote server installation (PXE, Kickstart)
- Nice to have
- Some exposure to PHP, Python & Go
- Big Data exposure (Hadoop, Impala and others)
- ELK (Elasticsearch and friends)
- Security (SELinux, IPTables) & Advanced Networking
- Monitoring tools (Nagios)
Education & Qualifications:
BS / MS in Computer Science / related technical discipline OR equivalent experience.
What we offer:
We offer a position in a young, dynamic and international environment and the opportunity for permanent training, personal development, ambitious career growth and a competitive salary based on experience. Critical skills visa and relocation package can also be offered to the right candidate.
Most of all, we offer a position in a team that thrives on achievement, success and leadership within our industry. Our core company value is innovation: where people and creativity drive innovative technology. If you have a passion for open-source software and enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging but rewarding environment, this position is for you!
Our company benefits:
Flexible start times - Health insurance - Your Birthday off as a paid holiday - Udemy for Business learning & training platform - EXOGROUP University, our in-house training - Employee referral program bonus - Off-site team building days out - Fresh fruit - Friday team breakfast - English & Spanish classes
The companies that are part of EXOGROUP are the data controllers regarding your personal data, in order to consider your application for present or future vacancies in our organization. For more information about the processing of your personal data and on how to exercise your rights of access, rectification, suppression, limitation, portability and opposition please visit the Protection Informative Clause Candidates.