Job description, low-code style:
As the #1 low-code application development platform, OutSystems provides customers with everything they need to build apps incredibly fast. So let’s cut to the chase.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer
for the Vanguard team. Vanguard is the tiger team at OutSystems R&D - focusing on critical needs by our top customers that require tactical, on-the-spot, massively scalable solutions. At Vanguard, you will be working with the best to deliver fast, helping our customers in their journey of adopting OutSystems to their needs and goals - making history along the way.You will like this role if you:
What exactly will you be doing?
- Wake up eager to solve the next challenge. Do you get thrilled brainstorming with other colleagues and getting to elegant and simple solutions for complex problems?
- Have a proactive and “get-things-done” attitude, even when working with uncertainty. At Vanguard we are solving top challenges and 80/20 is not just a buzzword - it’s how you know you’re doing the right thing!
- Like to solve the puzzle. Completely understanding the problem with its ramifications and only then realizing how to solve it the simplest way possible. Skip a few steps and you may end up going down a rabbit hole that doesn’t really add value anywhere.
- Want to make a difference. Your work will be used directly by our customers in fast delivery cycles, and you’ll immediately see the value they get. And as in all product organizations, you’re contributing to the vision and capabilities in the long run.
- Get excited about technology. At OutSystems we constantly look for the best way to solve new & old problems, so expect to explore the state-of-the-art for whatever domain you’re working on.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding customer needs and how these can be solved using current solutions or solutions that need to be created, in a multidisciplinary team where your skills complement other team members;
- Develop early capabilities in the OutSystems solutions to tackle customer needs, anticipating the product roadmap and shortening time-to-market;
- Working with other R&D teams in the integration of these solutions with existing code & technology;
- Working with Support and Knowledge teams ensuring that customers and internal teams are fully autonomous in overcoming whatever challenges may come of the use of the solutions you develop;
- Last-line troubleshoot of complex incidents created by the solutions developed in your team;
- Be a key stakeholder in the incorporation of these solutions in the longer-term roadmap and vision.
Valued Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or similar;
- 3+ years of experience in software development or operations/support.
- Programming skills in at least one high-level programming language (C++, Python, Java, C#, etc.);
- Experience with AWS technologies - including EC2, RDS, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, CloudFormation. Similar experience with other cloud providers valued;
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging;
- Fluent English and good communication skills.
- Experience with OutSystems (development, DevOps, or sysops);
- Experience with Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora);
- Experience with with web/mobile app development & troubleshooting (Cordova, React, ObjectiveC, HTML5, JS, CSS, etc.);
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting complex distributed systems;
- Experience in designing resilient and fault-tolerant systems.
based in Portugal, Germany, Spain, UK, Romania and the USAbout OutSystems
Our software platform is revolutionizing how organizations build and deliver business-transforming applications. OutSystems is one of the fastest-growing B2B software companies in the world, with a base in Lisbon, Portugal, international locations in Atlanta, Boston, London, Utrecht, Frankfurt, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Sydney, and Singapore, and customers in more than 52 countries.
Working at OutSystems
- Recognized as a leader in our market by top analyst firms like Forrester and Gartner;
- Winner of multiple industry awards, including the prestigious CODiE award;
- Loved by customers who have voted us the best low-code software platform (Gartner Peer Reviews, TrustRadius, and G2 Crowd).
We don’t have many rules, but we have a lot of common sense. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of The Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture has landed us in the top six Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies And CEOs To Work For four years running.
- Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA. In fact, it’s why our company exists;
- We ask “why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture, and sometimes even uncover a better way;
- Our offices are great places to be, but will never be the stuff of future tech mockumentaries. We’re much more down-to-earth than that.