About the job
The Accounts Payable Officer position is part of the Group Strategic Sourcing Services – Cost Accounting Operations department, and is in charge of the vendors accounting treatment and related processes, within the BNPP Group.
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the booking of invoices in SAP accounting module;
- Classify the invoices by register General Ledger Account, VAT rate, Cost Center, Purchase Order;
- Prepare the related reporting;
- Analyse Vendor and Client accounts, tax codes, line item, open item, and reconciliation accounts
Profile and Skills to Success
- University degree or equivalent by experience in Accounting/Economics/Business Management;
- Professional experience of at least 3 years of in a similar role and organisation
- Previous experience as accounts payable with advanced knowledge of P2P and accounts receivable is a strong plus
- Knowledge of VAT is a strong plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is mandatory
- Previous experience with the use of ERP systems (SAP/Oracle preferred) is mandatory
- The ability to work quickly with excellent attention to detail;
- Fluency in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate) is mandatory, domain of French is a strong plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.