Data Engineer (220000GM)
PRIMARY LOCATION : PORTUGAL-LISBON
ORGANIZATION : Group Operations
CONTRACT TYPE : Regular
SCHEDULE : Full-timeDESCRIPTION
AXA Group Operations
Axa Group Operations is an IT solutions company delivering services to the AXA Group & others Axa Companies. We develop and operate transverse business solutions at international scale.
Our mission is to shape, build and maintain the shared solutions of AXA Group. The aim of these services is to sustain business data development, reduce time to market, & generate savings.
This resource will join a team of IT professionals involved in data management & solution delivery, maintenance activities delivered by the Data, BI & Analytics Services for AXA entities.
This team goal is to build Data & BI “industrial” solutions on form end to end:
- Extract, load and transform the data
- Build data models
- Build reporting solutions for Ad-hoc analysis & Agile reporting
This team is in charge for the project life cycle from studies to the final delivery and the solution maintenance.
Main tasks and responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the conception, development and testing of new applications, evolutions, and maintenance of existing components.
He / she will have to build the components in accordance with the Project planning and the different project Managers. He will have to ensure the quality and robustness of the applications.
He / She will bring expertise, as tech lead, in big data manipulation and development to the existing team and became a referent.
This position will be in charge for ensuring the best quality of service on Big Data & BI platform, by preventive and corrective actions.
- Design, build, test & maintain Big Data components (Microsoft Azure & Databricks), with a context of high volume and high performance.
- Ensure the quality of the reporting applications: reliability & performance
- Autonomy in development, interactions with projects and maintenance managers (scope, planning, tests)
- Put in place and following the best practices put in place on the platform
- Manage the relationship with business analysts, project managers and other developers.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Write and maintain the technical solution documentation
- Best practices and continuous improvement proposals
Professional and technical skills
- Minimum of +3 years significant experience in consulting or development on Microsoft Data technologies.
- SPARK/SCALA development
- Skills and experiences on performance optimization (data flows and requests)
Nice to Have:
- Experience on Azure development: Dev/Ops tools / Datalake Gen 2 / Data Factory v2
- Ability to work in an international context (e.g. project teams in Portugal, France, Asia, and customers all over the world).
- Sense of commitment.
- Rigor and ability to synthesize.
- Efficient communication, ability to instill confidence.
- Proactivity and results orientation
Nice to Have:
- Insurance & Finance functional knowledge
- Some degree of management experience
English: Independent user (B1 in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
French: it’s a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution. We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary. At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
WHAT WE OFFER
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.