- Hiscox……….bring your whole self to work!
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way.
Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lens. This results in us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don’t all think the same – this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further.The main underwriting parts of the Group are:
• Hiscox UK and Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals.
• Hiscox International includes operations in USA, Guernsey and Direct Asia offering a range of specialist insurance.
• Hiscox London Market, Hiscox Re and Hiscox MGA underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London and Bermuda insurance markets – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s.
The Claims Administrator UKSC is the point of contact for brokers / claims handlers for claims registration, document profiling and claims listings for specific policies.
As part of the role, on a rotating schedule, you will also manage the flux of emails on the team’s inbox and manage the work of the other team admin’s, making sure that all queries / requests are answered within SLA.
You will also have more technically challenging tasks related to specific BDX, where you will register payments, start investigations and consolidate information.
- Meet the team’s daily SLA’s
- Register new claims into our array of systems:
- Read and investigate the FNOL and understand the details about the incident
- Locate the policy (Magic or Merlin) and identify the correct cover
- Register the claim, bearing in mind the date of loss, the environment and type of policy – new claims can be registered in i90, CMS, or Merlin
- Read and understand any new email coming into the mailboxes managed by the claims team, considering if it’s a new claim, correspondence regarding an existing claim, or any other type of request
- Meet each specific BDX SLA - process data received in Excel files into our platforms, registering new claims, or payments made into existing claims
- Provide Claims Listings to brokers for the requested policies
- Be aware of the team needs at any given moment and be ready to assist any member on each of the tasks
- GDPR awareness – we need to know what data can and can’t be shared with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders – RUMs, RMs, Customer Relations, CWG, Conduct – demonstrating commercial awareness and Hiscox values at all times
- Excellent Level of English (written and spoken)
- Customer relations experience is a plus, but customer focus indispensable
- Good communications and personal relation skills – you will liaise with internal stakeholders from different teams / areas and bands of Hiscox and external stakeholders like brokers, or solicitors.
- Good level of IT knowledge and ability to learn / adapt quickly – you will use different applications from MS Office, internal platforms with based on SAP, CRM, among others, with different levels of user experience.
- Flexibility and learning agility to adapt to changing scenarios and urgent time frames
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.